Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Slight

If I recall correctly, this young man has been participating in the Idaho Draft and Mule Show since he was in diapers.  

I believe he's 34 now. 

He's one of the Cramers from Northwest Washington who exhibit the Cramer Classics every year at the show.

And, they're good.  

Mother and I and my good friend and outlaw, Rose Marie, sat through most of the afternoon session of yesterday's Draft Horse Show.

I'd say none of us ever tires of seeing the remarkable, beautiful and dramatic action put out by the horses and their drivers.

It was a great afternoon of gentle giants wowing the audience. 

I'm wishing I could attend another segment of the show, but the weekend's busy schedule prevents that.

Always next year, I guess.

Yesterday's show featured a special exhibition by a pair of bay German Warmbloods.  

Exquisite and elegant, to say the least.

Just watching that pair got my pumps going:  got to get my Lefty to pulling our Amish cart!

So, I before leaving the show, I talked to my former student and hay cutter extraordinnaire, Lori, who's driving a cart in this year's show with my neighbor Gary's Percherons.

She said she'd be more than happy to come and help me get Lefty worked into the cart.  Then, I talked to my mother, and she said I could use her harness.

So, with luck, maybe Mr. Lefty will be trotting around the neighborhood this fall pulling that beautiful cart with some smiling people aboard.

That would really cap off a good year of progress with Mr. Lefty. 

In a few hours, Melissa and I will be climbing aboard Heather and Lily and riding them around the neighborhood.  

I'm hoping for good news to report there too. 

In other news, Bill has left already for this morning's session of the Society of American Foresters convention. 

After the convention ends in early afternoon, he's figuring on heading to the Moyie with his fly rod. 

Willie is probably heading for Moscow by now to cover the Vandal football game for the Idaho Press Tribune.

Annie and her friends have either gone or will be leaving for Vancouver, B.C.,  to cheer on their Sounders MLS soccer team.

I'll probably be seeing Debbie and her friend Alicia (from Seattle) sometime today. 

And, I'll be going into town later to help set up for a WOW tea tomorrow.

Busy day for all. 

Love this weather, although today will be hotter than we'd wish.  Only short-lived, though, as we're headed for cooler weather and maybe even some rain next week. 

Guess that's enough for this beautiful Saturday.  

Enjoy.

No comments: