Monday, February 27, 2012

A Very Special Wedding Visit et. al.


Annie and I went through the "drive-through" at the Very Special Wedding Chapel in old Las Vegas yesterday. 
Do they allow same-sex, same-family wedddings in Nevada?
I'm sure the nice lady at the window had some similar questions as she opened the window and greeted us.
I'm also sure she was a bit relieved when we asked for the geocache.
Her face lit up with a big smile. 
She reached down and handed over the prettiest geocache I've ever seen.
Annie dug through the box, picked out an item and signed the log as I chatted with the lady.
"We get people from all over the world asking for the box," she told me with total delight.  The geocache has been at the wedding chapel for a number of years. I got the impression it creates just as much fun as the couples who show up to get hitched.
It goes to show there's something for everyone who wants to geocache.
Annie and I also went to the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign and found another couple of geocaches before leaving town.
We spent most of the day driving, but it was still fun heading off across endless expanses and knowing the next potty stop might be 50-60 miles away.
We spent a little time walking around and taking photos in Joshua Tree National Park. . . definitely a spot to which I'd love to return some day.
I have loved our trips through the desert to and from Las Vegas and have especially loved knowing that if I were home, there might be some complaining about all that snow.  Last I heard from Bill, he had measured up to 16 inches and more was falling.
He told me the next "big storm" is due tomorrow night when I come home.  
So now, it looks as if the "wonderful winter" without much snow was just a little late in coming.
Today we'll probably drive around and do some more sight seeing before Annie heads back to the airport and flies home to Seattle.
It's been a wonderful trip, filled with good food, much fun and a whole lot of good visiting.
Bob, the parrot, would like his sheet to be removed cuz he keeps telling me "hello" as I type.  I think he's jealous that he doesn't get to write this morning's post.
Happy Monday to all.   



No comments: