Monday, January 28, 2013

Continuing Crud . . . . .


Theraflu, Airborne, Advil and Vicks Vab-o-Rub will do this to you.   When ya get too many of those fumes along with an aching body, chills and nausea, things take on a different perspective.

Generally, it's not nice to to look out one's window and see a head, top hat and tie hanging there with no body and chuckle out loud.  But then again, I have a wicked sense of humor, even when I'm not doped up with flu meds.

This morning, just the top hat remains.  Mr. Penguin has been picked apart and consumed by the winter birds.  It's taken a month, but woodpeckers, grosbeaks, doves, chickadees and finches have been enjoying the goodies.

When I come back to life, I'll go out there and replace the top hat with another Mr. Penguin.  

For now, just getting through the necessities of the day is more challenging than usual.  

If you haven't had it, STAY away from this flu.  It means business, and all the desire in the world to feel better soon means nothing.  

Yesterday's flu day entertainment included some basketball and several segments of "Pit Master" competitions.  I looked at a LOT of barbecue----Memphis-style, Georgia-style and Alabama-style.  

The stuff looked good on TV, but if someone had offered me a plate, I would have graciously refused.  Even the toasted cheese sandwich for dinner made for a happy Foster when I handed most of it to him. 

I wanted to watch "60 Minutes" last night.  Missed it all, and I had thought that yesterday would have provided the perfect opportunity to finally tune in on "Honey Boo Boo."  Didn't happen.  

We'll see what today brings, but it was a long, miserable night, and I'm figuring patience will be a virtue with this crud. 

One friend told me to try putting onions outside around our house would work magic at ridding us of the flu.   I told her that if this stuff didn't go away soon, I'd ask Bill to stop by Yoke's and pick up some Walla Walla Sweets. 

Anyway, happy Monday.  Stay away from the germs. 

No comments: