Saturday, June 15, 2013

Love Is Still All Around after 39 Years




Well, yesterday my brother celebrated his 69th birthday.  Ya shoulda seen my mother's face when I told her Mike was 69.  

Then, we talked about her birthday.  She's back to figuring that on her next birthday she'll be 90 plus 2.

Today Bill and I celebrate 39 years of marriage, so Jack Benny, we've caught up with you in the wedlock department.   Over in Montana, my brother Kevin and his wife Joyce are celebrating their 45th anniversary today.

So, congratulations to all with the June celebrations.  More to come in this heavy-duty birthday month.

For Bill and me, we'll put in a generally low key day.  Next year we'll have to plan something special for the 40th-year milestone.

Bill gave me the card above this morning.  I think he knew once he met me 40 years ago that horses would play a part in our LOVE triangle.  Well, they have and continue to do so and will probably be in the picture for a long time.

Our home is important to us, just as it was back in 1974 when we lived in a trailer house on Lakeshore Drive not far from the Pend Oreille River.  Iz that politically correct, or should I say we lived in a "mobile home"?

For the brief time that we lived in Flossie Berg's rental, we made it as much a home as we could.  

Then, we moved to the old "ice house" at the Harney Dairy, which my folks had purchased.  The ice house is gone now, but those trees I planted way back when are growing taller each year as the old farm turns into a full-fledged housing development.

We moved down just a hop, skip and a jump down Great Northern Road after three years in the ice house,  and that's when kids started arriving.  Willie was born three months after our move, and Annie, 19 months after that. 

We endured a house fire, said good bye to several dearly beloved pets and spent lots of time out at the pond in front of the house.  

Almost seven years ago, the family all came together the day we started hauling our worldly goods to the lovely farm here in Selle.  

Life has been good to us, and we appreciate all aspects that this Love Connection has provided for us during the past 39 years. 

I included a Sweet William in the photos cuz I brought a few from the old place on Great Northern Road, and they're starting to thrive. 

Seems appropriate that they'd be popping out in full bloom just in time for me to celebrate 39 years of my own Sweet William.  

He puts up with a lot, and I doubt he that he always thinks of me as "Sweet Marianne."

Bill had some of Sweet Marianne's quiche, made from garden chard this morning, so I think our anniversary is starting out pretty okay.  

Happy Saturday to all, and Happy Anniversary to all others who are celebrating today. 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! 39years is a great accomplishment. Have a great day.
Janet

MsMerlina said...

Happy 39th Anniversary! Your blogs and photos are so inspirational. Best wishes always...love is all.

jimholte@hotmail.com said...

Happy Anniversary, from two of you class of 82'... Here is to hopes for many more. Jim & Laurie

jimholte@hotmail.com said...

Happy Anniversary, from two of your class of 82'... Best wishes and hopes for many more. Jim & Laurie