Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Tuesday Twitterdeedum

Good bye, Jimmy.  Hello, Green Day.  That's what I'll name our newest car (used, of course) because I love the color (stock photo, by the way), and I love Green Day's song "Hope You Have the Time of Your Life."  I'm sure we'll have plenty of good times in the new car, once all the dotted line stuff is done.  I chose the Suburu for a number of reasons, one of them warranty details.  But I do like the color.  

As I said yesterday, Jimmy has been good to us, and somehow Bill must have known that our old reliable SUV turned over 190,000 miles during the weekend.  I'd say that's good use, and we have gone lots of places and had the time of our lives with Jimmy, as evidenced especially by the cleaning job I have to do.  Dogs, especially, have spent their fair share of time in Jimmy.  It took me a while to clear off all the velcro seeds from Nature Conservancy visits, but they're gone.  

Now, the stains----that's a different story.  It's obvious coffee has been consumed and spilled several times in that car.  I did pick up a little loot while cleaning----about 75 cents.  Anyway, one auto era will soon end and a bright new Green Day will begin. 

Just putting out the word to anyone who likes horses that there's a horse show this weekend at the Bonner County Fairgrounds.  It's called the Spots of Fun Show.  On Saturday, English-oriented classes and games are on the schedule, with the games segment in the early evening.   Sunday will be the Western portion of the show.  

There's food available on the grounds, and we're planning to make it a fun event.  So, spectators can come to the outdoor arena any ol' time during each day.  It's free, and you can stay all day if you wish.  I'll be announcing, so wave if you come.

~~~~~

In other news, pickin' and grinnin' time is beginning.  I'll check over my pea plants this morning to see how many fat pods are hanging from the vines.  If enough, I'll do some pickin'.  Soon the raspberries will be ripe too AND the blueberries.  So, over the next several days, it will be a pleasure to make the rounds around the place with bowl in hand and fingers ready to pick.

 I also have zucchinis coming on strong in the barnyard manure pile garden.  Looks like a great zuke year. And, I may be offering, so plan to run the other way if you see me coming.  Zucchini season can be dangerous for targeted recipients!  Soon corn-on-the cob will add some summer delight to our dinners.  Love this time of the year.  Summer time and the eatin' is good!

~~~~

Guess that's enough for this lovely Tuesday.  Have a wonderful day. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you, Marianne - perfect car for you! How many miles already on? How many will you add?

Helen