Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday Slightly Seattle-ish



According to Annie's friend and colleague AND our friend too, Jenn Seva:  A coordinated effort at the Russell Investment Building of manipulating window shades and lights. The pic is from last night. It will stay that way until Saturday night. Go Seahawks!



Most football fans in the Northwest have one thing on their minds today:  Seahawks vs Saints.

In this household, there are two.

Seahawks can win.  That would be good.

If Seahawks lose and Saints win, that would be good too.

So, it's a win-win, at least for my husband Bill, a Louisianan who's always loved his Saints. Bill's been here long enough----make that 40 years and almost one month----to acquire a love for the Seahawks too. 

As for me, I like Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll, so I'm leaning Seahawks.  I think both men are fine representatives of football and humanity.  Of course, Drew Brees is too. 

Still, Seahawks for me, but I won't write about "Bad 'Hawks" if they lose.  There's always next year. 

The game should be wild and woolly, just like it's supposed to be here.  Big-time winds are forecast for this afternoon, and they'll still be hanging around Seattle during game time.

From the sounds of our weather forecast, we'd better button down the hatches, cuz they're talking 50-60-mile per hour winds here.  

Right now, we're dealing with wet and wetter.   Warm rains are pushing the snow level down, and fortunately, a lot of the ice may melt by day's end.  

It's still killer stuff out there, but at least this morning, my Yak tracks worked. 

I attended an uplifting event yesterday----one that grew out of the midst of all the sadness we've experienced around here for the past several weeks. 

One of our young women from the community who died recently would have turned 20 yesterday, so her family and dozens of friends turned out to celebrate her birthday at City Beach. 

The photo will tell most of the story, but I must add that the group sang "Happy Birthday" to her before releasing the balloons.  

It was a beautiful, tastefully done event, and I feel fortunate to have been invited to take pictures.  

So, I'll leave you with a couple of them on this Saturday, along with the thought that interludes of simple joy can light up the darkest of moments. 

Happy Saturday.  Go Seahawks!! 




No comments: