Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Just Plain Pretty . . . .







Well, it’s post-election day, and it’s evident there’s gonna be some dramatic change in our Legislative representation.  I’ll be very honest in saying that I’m disappointed that some of my candidates lost. 

I’m hoping some might consider running in the General Election as write-in’s.  It’s possible, with the way Idaho primaries are run these days, that these folks might stand a better chance in the general.
 
Just a thought.

I’d also like to suggest a definite change in polling procedures.  When I went to vote yesterday morning, I walked into the booth and found a hand-written list of candidates left on the booth counter.
 
This list was NOT a ballot.

I don’t know if this was an anomaly or if such an “oversight” occurred anywhere else in the county precincts, but I do think that even questionable anomalies/irregularities in normal voting procedures need to be addressed by those who run the elections.

I have sent a note to our county clerk about this issue and have suggested that in future elections, a worker should check the polling booths after each voter leaves and before the next one walks into the booth.

I looked ever so briefly at this written list of candidates, quickly stepped from the booth and handed it to a worker, stating that I didn’t think this should be inside the booth.

Our voting is sacred and secret, and I hope it stays that way with the utmost regard for making sure the process goes on with no question whatsoever of its integrity.

That said, I always turn to beauty whenever I’m disappointed.  Actually, I took these photos last night before my disappointment this morning, but the images sustain me and remind me that everything shall pass, but beauty can be found most any time in any form.

In last night’s case, I wanted to take a nice picture of the lovely rose my daughter Annie gave me for Mother’s Day.

Yesterday while mowing the west lawn, I could not keep my eyes off from the rose every time I steered the lawnmower its direction.  With every bloom this summer, I shall smile and think of Annie and thank her.

Our oak tree is very noisy these days as the honey bees from across the road do their magic.  The tree is so noisy, in fact, I’m almost wondering if Chad has any bees left in his hives.  Probably does, but still a large population has migrated to our oak tree for pollination’s sake.
 
That’s a bee buzz which I love to hear.
 
The rest of the evil buzzers can go take a hike far away from the Lovestead.  It looks like we may have an even worse “nasty” bee summer than we did last year.  Shooing yellow jackets out of the house every afternoon is not my idea of fun.

But I do LOVE the honey bees.  They can come on over any time.

Anyway, I was struck with the elegance of the scene as I looked close and aimed my camera at parts of the oak tree.  This is definitely a pretty time of year for this species of hardwoods.

And, the pansies---seems they’re always pretty, especially when they line up in a group and show off their intricate designs and colors.
 
Yup, the pretty time goes on around here and gives us a lovely distraction from the moments of disappointment.


Happy Wednesday.   

No comments: