Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday This, That and Sexy Tractors

After enjoying every high-caloric bite of this decadent delight, I've decided to add a new project to my bucket list:  weekly trips to sit on the deck at Trinity Cafe, admire the lake and mountains and to sample every dessert  on the menu.

I saw another selection at a table near us yesterday, and the sheer beauty of that piece of layered cake gave me the idea.

Can't remember what they call this one, but I can assure you that it tasted every bit as good as it is artistic.

This project is gonna be fun and fattening, and that's okay!


I either meet these school buses every single morning, or they pass by me from behind as I'm out for the daily stroll down South Center Valley Road.

The  friendly drivers wave every day, and I'm thinkin' it will be soon that the buses won't be rolling when another school year comes to an end in a couple of weeks.  


From the Idaho State Capitol to a good ol' farm field in Selle.  I'm pretty sure this is my friend George Eskridge.  

If he'd just turn his head this way, I could tell for sure once I see his mustache.  

He was wearing the 'stache when this photo was taken a couple of years ago at Gary Finney's field off Selle Road. 

It was "Plow Day" for the Panhandle Antique Tractor Club, and Gary had a big field for the tractors and their owners to show their stuff. 

Well, this year's "Plow Day" has been rescheduled from its original soggy date in April to this Saturday, May 24, beginning at 9 a.m. at the University of Idaho Agricultural Research Center on Boyer Ave.

The tractor club has joined up with the Bonner County Historical Society for this year's event.  Members of the Historical Society will be on hand to provide the lunch concession at the free event and to explain their plans for a new facility at the society's property in Kootenai. 

Donations for the new facility will be encouraged----any amount will be appreciated. 

Tractors and plows will be cutting into sod throughout the day until the job is done. 

The event offers a good opportunity to learn about the variety of restored and "sexy" tractors as well as a chance to help out the museum in one of their major fundraisers.

Now that the ground has hardened up a bit from winter wetness, tractors will roll, rain or shine as those below did in Gary's field! 

Hope you can make it and bring some cash or a check for the donation container. 










Head up and move 'em out, John Deere!

No comments: