Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday TwitterdeeLOVIN'THE SUN

 I refuse to fall for the guilt trip. 

"Oh, don't ya love this beautiful weather?" I've said a few times while meeting people in the grocery line.

Then, comes the "big BUT" response. 

" . . . . BUT we need the snow in the mountains, or . . . ," a person, much wiser and cautious than I, will often counsel back. 

I often infer from the remark that instead of rejoicing, I need to immediately take back my words of praise, retreat into the misery of my hole and repent.  Often, I just nod and say, "Yeah, you're right."

Yesterday, however, instead of recoiling in shame, I went assertive.

"Well, I'm not gonna let that bother me," I shot back.  "I'm gonna enjoy it."  

That remark led to a lady in the line who's visiting from Dallas to lament about the horrible weather she left back home.  

To which I added my revelation that a few months ago, I had advised some Californians, who think they might want to move to beautiful North Idaho, to "come in February . . . that's when everyone wants to leave town."

Well, they took my advice and came last week during some more unusually beautiful Sandpoint weather.  What do I know, anywho, having lived here almost 68 years!

Well, my advice might be lame, but my word is not. 

After leaving the grocery store, I went out and thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent spring sunshine yesterday.  

What better place to do so than the trip along the north end of the lake, including Pack River flats where the "Pack" flows into the lake. 

I know I've taken numerous other photos in some of these same areas, but one can never get enough of North Idaho beauty on a sunny day any time of the year. 

To be able to walk along the shoreline, where the lake has receded, in my Kivas with no worries of sinking into mud or coming back with wet socks-----that was nice. 

And, to approach a tree with an regal inhabitant enjoying the glorious day as much as I was---what a treat!

Throughout my shoreline interlude late yesterday afternoon, I did not feel one ounce of guilt, for, with my 68 years living here, I know we must always maintain the "Pay me now or pay me later" attitude.  

Yes, we shall pay for these beautiful February days----surely with a few miserable cold, wet stretches to come.  

So, in my mind, choosing to embrace the beauty and the freedom that a few snowless days in the valley bring during this month definitely trumps the alternative of being cooped up inside and unhappy. 

I  think even Mother Nature, with all her fickleness, would approve of our enthusiasm toward what she has dished out for us weatherwise.

Thank you, Mother Nature.  I'm sure I may be cussing you later, but this delightful weather has been much appreciated good for the soul. 

  













1 comment:

marilyn said...

3rd pic down looks like a Ross Hall.