Friday, March 17, 2017

Green Day






“I'm Irish!...When I feel well I feel better than anyone, when I am in pain I yell at the top of my lungs, and when I am dead I shall be deader than anybody.”
Morgan Llywelyn


"To be Irish is to know that in the end the world will break your heart.”
Daniel Patrick Moynihan


“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse

“When anyone asks me about the Irish character, I say look at the trees. Maimed, stark and misshapen, but ferociously tenacious.” 
Edna O'Brien

“That’s the Irish People all over - they treat a serious thing as a joke and a joke as a serious thing.”
Seán O'Casey


“The Irish do have a despairing quality of gaiety, but they have also a dour and brooding ghost that rides on their shoulders and peers in on their thoughts. Let them laugh too loudly, it sticks a long finger down their throats. They condemn themselves before they are charged, and this makes them defensive always.”
John Steinbeck, East of Eden



“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know
when you have gone too far”

Irish Blessing


A driver had been sent to meet us. He was gray-haired, short, and nimble and introduced himself. 'I am Patrick and so is every fourth man in Ireland, and the ones in between are named Sean or Mick or Finn, and I'll be driving you.'”
Sharon Creech, The Great Unexpected



“I give you my love & my luck. Don't throw either away.”
Kelly Moran, Sheer Luck


“Imagine if we were all magical leprechauns, and every wish ever made on a four-leaf clover obliged us to help others obtain their wishes. Now imagine if people simply lived like this were true.”
Richelle E. Goodrich,

“There's no sense to being Irish unless you know the world's going to break your heart.”
Thomas Adcock

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”
Irish Blessing


To anyone with a drop of Irish blood in them the land they live on is like their mother. It's the only thing that lasts, that's worth working for, for fighting for...”
Alexandra Ripley, Scarlett


more guilt, guilt, guilt. That's the Irish condition.”
Adrian McKinty


May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
half an hour before the devil knows you're dead”

IRISH BLESSINGS





No comments: