Monday, November 19, 2018

Ah! Another Sunny Country Day







Yesterday was basically a stay-at-home day, highlighted with late-fall projects, homemade chicken noodle soup and Mennonite cinnamon rolls, field wandering, horsin' around with CB and even some house cleaning. 

Oh, yes, there was also some problem-solving as I was still trying to figure out what was going on with my phone. 

I finally googled the right way and found a problem-solving site where someone else was complaining about pretty much the same dilemma that had caused me frustration since Saturday:  usernames and passwords disappearing.

Someone "in the know" answered, telling that the usernames and passwords were there.  You just have to tap the sign-in line.  

Then a key icon appears below the lines.  

You tap on that, and your username appears in its appropriate line. Same happens with the password black dots. I'm guessing that's a new feature of IOS 12.0.  

At least the tapping saves the typing, even though it still takes longer to get into the accounts.  

I also figured out that the new system has a battery option which tells you exactly how much battery you've used.  

Plus, you can determine how long you want your screen to be lit up after you've quit using your phone. 

I think there are a lot of other options too, but I had already spent enough time troubleshooting that doing more research inside the house on a beautiful day did not top my list of "things to do."  

So, with the iPhone problem solved, I spent much of the afternoon outside just enjoying being outside.  

One task involved cleaning the build up of leaves on my lawnmowers with the shop vac. 

This weather has provided us the gift of quality outdoor time, and I must say it's been a rare year that there's been extra time to do thorough fall maintenance on equipment.  

It will be neat in the spring to know that the lawnmowers will be spruced up and ready to go when grass starts growing again. 

Speaking of which, there is enough green grass in the lawns for CB to go for walks with me away from his friends and the pasture, all with the idea of the young guy getting acquainted with new places and scary stuff like cars and chimes and such. 

  He also knows there will be rewards as we stop occasionally for him to nibble some grass.  

Yesterday's lovely November Sunday was topped off with a quick late afternoon drive down some country roads, which included some meeting of new friends with longtime connections. 

Turns out the two young ladies out riding their horses down West Shingle Mill Road both had Willie for a teacher.  

Later, I found out their mother was a student I had taught back in the 1990s, and their great-grandparents lived across Woodland Drive from us back in the mid-70s when Bill and I lived at my folks' Upper Place.

Again, it's pretty amazing and nice to see folks out riding their horses on country roads this late in November. 

On this morning and tomorrow, I'm filling in as Miss Emma's ride to Sandpoint High School, since Debbie is fully immersed in the details of Thanksgiving meals for the needy through the Food Bank. 

So, will wrap this up, and fire up the Subaru for the trip over to pick her up. 

Another gorgeous day in the neighborhood awaits AND we're all pretty stoked that the Maui Tournament with the ZAGS and several other high-ranking NCAA teams starts today. 

GO, ZAGS.  Let's win in Paradise!






















No comments: