Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday This, That and Lanakila







Cold, crisp and lovely!

Dear Mother Nature, could we have a bunch more of this weather?  

I'm not so sure my grandpuppy Brooke would agree.  Her tootsies get cold when Mom and Dad put her, Todd and Joe in their run. 

I had the opportunity to see them yesterday morning after driving over to pick up Emma for school.

And, I'll get to see them again this morning. 

Emma doesn't have school, but she and the other foreign exchange students from Sandpoint High will be volunteering at the Food Bank today as Thanksgiving dinner ingredients and hundreds of turkeys are distributed to those in need.

Turns out the food bank has gone rather cosmopolitan this week, as you can see in the photo of Cindy and Debbie below.  

Our Cindy Wooden is home from Rome.  She spent her afternoon volunteering at the center yesterday, and she's planning to return again today.  

As Debbie's mother-in-law and Cindy's fan, I felt honored that the two have gotten to know each other.  Both amazing women!

After her time at the food bank, Cindy and I enjoyed visiting over coffee.  Always good to see her. 

In other news, it was a short night last night.  I don't know why all those folks over there in Mauri don't think of their fans back home who have to stay up late, late to watch them play.

And, the ZAGS apparently didn't want any of us to sleep on the job until after the final buzzer.

What a night of sports it was!  I hated to turn off the Rams-Chiefs record-setting, wild and woolly game, but the ZAGS called.

And, then the ZAGS and the Fighting Illini thought we needed to be on the edge of our seats from start to finish AND "finish" was pretty darned late. 

Tonight we'll have to do it all over again, but I'll drink a latte or something to keep the spark plugs going. 

Annie arrives in Spokane from Seattle at 6:30, and Willie has a home game at 7, so we'll all congregate in the living room with some Second Avenue Pizza and hope that the ZAGS will enjoy a second "Lanakila aka triumph"  in Lahaina.

I'm thinking they have to play much better than they did last night.

Let's hope . . . GO, ZAGS!

Happy Tuesday. 

Heads up:  if the blog happens to be late tomorrow, you'll know it's cuz I stayed up late two nights in a row and need my beauty rest!  :)

Besides, the holiday fun is coming, and I plan to enjoy every moment. 

  







No comments: