Sunday, September 08, 2019

SHS Class of '67 Celebrates 70







Today's post is dedicated to the Sandpoint High School Class of 1967.

While visiting with my friend Chris this past week, I learned that she and her classmates were going to celebrate their collective 70th birthdays in Sandpoint this weekend. 

The festivities began Friday night at the patio of the 219 where classmates gathered to enjoy Korean cuisine, a few beverages, visiting and eating birthday cake. 

Actually, two classmates were celebrating their 70th birthday that very day:  Chris Moon and Mike Boeck.

So, it was some good timing for them, both of whom live in Sandpoint these days. 

Bill and I stopped at the Friday-night gathering for a few minutes and did some visiting.  

I hadn't seen some of those folks since 1965 when I graduated from high school. 

And, in some cases, they hadn't changed much in all those decades. 

I always enjoyed the sophomores when I was a senior and have remained friends with many of them over the years.

So, it was fun to pop in on their get-togethers.  Yesterday I took my camera with the sole purpose of grabbing a few candid shots at Community Hall where they enjoyed a lunch of sub sandwiches, salads and chips, and, of course, a healthy helping of visiting. 

It was fun, and from what I saw, they also visited our old high school, now Sandpoint Middle School. 

Thanks, Chris, for the opportunity to do some reconnecting and to document what appeared to be a fun weekend event. 

Thanks to all who said hello from Friday and Saturday's gatherings.  Great to see you again. 

Though I know most of the folks in the photos, I'll refrain from identification because I don't want overlook anyone or guess the wrong names. 

I'll ask members of the class do that task. 

 Happy Sunday.  Enjoy the photos. 







































No comments: