Monday, December 09, 2019

Oh, Glorious Light of Day







I "pack," pretty much everywhere I go, even in past years, during concerts at the Festival at Sandpoint.

Often, while packing, I'm also keeping an eye out in the rear view mirror, lest some driver suddenly appears behind me and disrupts my plans. 

Yup, packing a camera requires vigilance, both in the rear-view mirror and along the roadsides. 

Late yesterday afternoon, when I stopped my car and got out to do my shooting, a car did appear seemingly out of nowhere. 

Well, it had come out of the driveway just down the road.

When I realized that, I just left my car parked, with driver's door opened and started shooting. 

The afternoon sunlight from seemingly one of the most glorious days ever was casting its golden glow on Elton Anderson's horses.

And, the fact the the person driving up behind me happened to be Elton's wife Betty Anderson put me at ease, at least until the next car appeared out of nowhere down Selle Road. 

I knew Betty would understand and maybe even appreciate the fact that I had come to a sliding stop to capture those amazing images in their front pasture. 

Seems glorious light monopolized a day which had followed several days of darkness, fog, gray and drizzle.

The earth was clean.  Skies were blue and pretty much everywhere one looked, twas a wondrous sight. 

And, so while "packing" around the Lovestead and on my way to and from town, I grabbed several opportunities to capture the beauty of the day. 

It was a most lovely day, all day long, save for the Seahawks' loss. 

We had a fun ZAGfeast and watched a game which I dubbed "vintage ZAGS."  

Their style, their finesse, their skills, their coaching all blended into a beautifully fought victory over Washington.

Whenever we see "vintage ZAGS," that is beauty in itself. 

Thank you, God, Mother Nature and whoever else was responsible for creating such wonder. 

Happy Monday.  Enjoy the photos. 






































No comments: