Saturday, March 23, 2024

Saturday Slight

 



When my friend Ann and I walked past the Gardenia Center on our way to the Empty Bowl fundraiser yesterday, we marveled at the beautiful crocuses pictured below. 

I commented that it would be some time before we have crocuses blooming at home. 

Later, while walking around the yard, I looked in the crocus/periwinkle bed, and, lo and behold, that single purple crocus in full bloom made a liar out of me. 

What a nice spring surprise!





Yesterday was Ann Gehring's birthday, so she was pleasantly surprised when the food bank ladies presented her with a beautiful cake at the Empty Bowl fundraiser.  

Those in attendance sang a lively "Happy Birthday" to Ann.

Below:  Ann and my friend Becky and yours truly.
 



Debbie from the Bonner Community Food Bank and three students representing the Brie Dillon's SHS art class. 

The students crafted beautiful bowls for the highly successful Empty Bowl Soup luncheon fundraiser held yesterday at Tango Restaurant. 

Funds raised from the event go to the food bank.

It was a wonderful luncheon, beautifully organized with volunteers from the food bank.  Twas truly a festive affair with lots of familiar faces. 

Below:  the Kincaid sisters Kay and Kit with Debbie. 





My former student and friend Gail told me yesterday that if I puckered up, my wrinkles wouldn't show.  

Hmmm!

Don't know about that, but we enjoyed a fun moment at the Empty Bowl fundraiser,  as we have so many times in the past. 




Just some neighborhood scenes, including a lotta bull and an outdoor dining room.
  





A great story here.  

About 20 years ago, I knew Annie was visiting Australia.  I was also aware that one of my former students, Kelsi Camp, would be there at the same time.

Kelsi and Annie knew of each other from St. Joseph's Catholic Church but were just acquaintances. 

So, I suggested they try to meet each other in Australia.  

They did, on the steps of the Sydney Opera House. 



They've been good friends ever since. 

Kelsi wasn't there yesterday, but Annie spent some more quality time at the Sydney Opera House and other points of interest during her 13-mile walk around the city. 

from Annie:

Walked over 13 miles around Sydney today. Took a ferry to Cockatoo Island to explore the interesting history there, visited the ANZAC memorial, the art gallery and found several great caches. 

Definitely love being back in this fun city!




















BIG DAY FOR ZAGS FANS




12:15 PDT on CBS

 Sweet Sixteen is calling!

GO, ZAGS!!!



Gonzaga Women vs UC Irvine


4:25 PDT on ESPN2

GO, ZAGS!!!



🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀





No comments: