Friday, December 22, 2017

Let the Fun Begin





Annie Love, I dare you to wear that outfit on your flight to Spokane this afternoon and to Friday-night dinner. 

I'm sure you'll encounter a few Justin Bieber fans along the way, and you may just make someone's day. 

I promise that won't hide under the Subaru if I see you coming off the plane looking like that.  

Heck, I'll bring my red, white and blue ZAGS Santa Claus hat and ZAG prayer beads so we can be twin holiday crazies as we walk out of the airport. 

Any ZAG men's basketball fan needs something to smile about today after last night's terrible loss in San Diego.  

So, a little Christmas cheer could help. 

Anyway, Annie is coming home tonight for the holidays, and we may even have the immediate Love family unit all in one place for a short time.  

That doesn't happen very often, so I'm hoping we'll luck out. 

When Annie comes home, she'll be seeing her first pup Foster and Liam but also QUEEN Kiwi who spent a day in the self service doggie beauty parlor yesterday.

Kiwi and I acted as guinea pigs, so to speak, as my friend and classmate Ruthann is preparing to add self service service to her Quality Grooming parlor.

I learned a lot about the fine points of bathing doggies, especially to take extra time around the "vulva" with the soap and rinse.  A lot of mysterious odors, besides the usual doggie gas passing might just emanate from that portion of canine anatomy. 

Hmmm!

I also learned that wrist action, to go along with Marianne's tongue action, is especially helpful while using the dryer.  Put that blower down near the base of Kiwi's coat and watch how matted clumps of hairs tend to separate. 

Kiwi was a star pupil throughout the bathing, drying, grooming and gab session.  Heck, I think she would have moved in if Ruthann wanted another dog hanging out at the parlor. 

Ruthann is hoping to have her self service unit up and running sometime after the first of the year. 

We had a rollicking good time, and when Kiwi climbed into the car to come home, she rested her head on my right arm and looked directly into my eyes as if to say, "Thank you very much." 

So, when Annie comes home, Queen Kiwi will be beautiful, most of the "to do's" for Christmas will be completed, and, for the most part, we can hang back and enjoy the days ahead. 

Tis always a lot of work getting ready, but once the work is done, it's a great time to enjoy family, friends and slouching on the couch watching movies. 

Happy Friday to all.  If Annie wears her get-up on the plane ride home, I'm sure you'll hear about it and maybe not just from me. 




Kiwi looks pretty good for an old lady, getting all spruced up by an older lady. 


No comments: