Saturday, May 15, 2021

Saturday Slight





Company's comin'.  

Her name is Annie.  

I haven't told Foster yet that he'll have a week's worth of quality time with his best peep friend. 

He'll be excited when he sees her today.  

And, so, it's a morning of hustle and bustle around here while Bill drives to the airport to pick up Annie. 

She'll be working remotely from Sandpoint this next week, and with the beautiful weather, we should be doing some fun outdoor stuff, maybe even kayaking.

I spent most of the day mowing the lawn yesterday and am hoping to put some more greenhouse stuff in the garden today.  

It's perfect weather for those plants to get accustomed to their new homes. 

I'll probably hold back on most of the cucumbers for a while, but will put out a couple with hopes that they survive whatever cold weather Mother Nature plans to throw our way. 





Besides hearing coyotes yipping with gusto just across the road, while I taking horses to pasture this morning, I also met this beautiful creature on the ground where the barn door slides. 

I was afraid it may had been injured when I opened the door, so I gently picked it up and took it to another area where it could be safe.

The moth clung to my glove like velcro.  Finally, I was able to get it to let loose on the fence.  

It stayed there for a while, acting like there was a struggle to get one of its wings to work. 

I just couldn't leave it there to fall to the ground, so once again I offered my glove and the moth grabbed hold. 

I then took it to the garden, figuring the fenced in area could keep it safe.  No more than a second or two after its release, the moth flew through the garden woven wire fence and landed near the gate.

So, once again, I stuck my gloved hand in front of it, and once again, it grabbed hold. 

I then took it in the house for Bill to see.  He was impressed.  

Then, it was outside again with one of the apple trees as a destination.  As I directed my hand toward a blossom, the moth suddenly let go and flew high into the sky.  The last I saw of it, all systems seemed to be "go." 

So, I'm assuming it's okay and will go wherever its wings decide to take it. 

Quite a little saga of nature's wonders on this Saturday morning. 

I'm just hoping the moth realized that I had its best interests at hand, literally. 

Anyway, it's already been a beautiful and eventful morning.  Looking forward to sprucing up the house and then waiting for Annie's arrival. 

Maybe just before that happens, I'll tell Foster she's coming. 

Happy Saturday. 

Hope you enjoy a glimpse of life at my friend Connie's home in Hope. 
















No comments: